Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Fun Fur Bikini

"Too pretty to wear, I almost want to put it on my wall."--Jenny Patt

I love fun fur. I know it is considered tacky craft store yarn, but it is so much fun to work with and the final product is so very soft. I have a bunch of black and red and white
which I bought a few years ago (when I first learned of this yarn's existence and had plans to make these to sell at lingerie stores.) I sent the prototype to Jenny last week. I had planned to give it to her when she got married, but left it at home. She just had her birthday and is going through finals, so she needed a little something to cheer her up. What, I ask you, is more uplifting than a white furry bikini with pink bows?

I need to make another one. Unfortunately, I am still obsessed with knitting lace and coming up with design ideas which I want to do RIGHT NOW. I want to make a Hello Kitty black lace cardigan (i.e. Hello Kitty's head in lace) to match the Hello Kitty intarsia pullover I made years ago.
I then thought, "what about Power Puff Girls lace?" Then I pick up a book of stitch patterns at the library and see a bunch of cables and think, "Forget lace, I'll make sampler squares of all these cables and make a patchwork afghan." Then I remember I have all these unfinished projects that need to be finished (zippers, you may be my waterloo!) So I go back to finishing up the last of the gray lace mohair.

While all these ideas are great, it is hard to decide how to best allocate the few hours of my day which are child-free, and I sortof ish the ideas would just slow down a little so I can implement them instead of rushing at me like a Golden Retriever and making me crabby because my face just got licked and my clothes are muddy.

2 Comments:

Blogger MsFortuknit said...

FANTASTIC~

7:13 PM  
Blogger Wiz Knitter said...

Love the hello kitty sweater! Wow. Did you design that yourself?

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home